Solihull Community Dental Service provides care to specific groups of people:
- Children and adults with disabilities
- Children and adults with complex needs
- Children and adults with extreme dental anxiety
- Children who live in an area where tooth decay is widespread
- People who require specialist services (e.g. sedation or general anaesthesia)
- Emergency treatment to Solihull residents who do not have their own dentist.
Written referrals are accepted from local Dentists and also a wide variety of health professionals including Doctors, Health Visitors, District Nurses, Social Services, School nurses or carers.
Specialist ServicesWe also provide the following specialist services:
- Treatment under General Anaesthesia at a local Hospital
- Home Visits
- Treatment on mobile dental units at local schools
- Our service has a wider role in Solihull and:
- Undertakes oral health surveys and research
- Organises dental health promotion and prevention programmes
- Takes part in the teaching and training of dental students and therapists
Do you have to pay?The services provided are free for children under the age of 18.
All adults need to pay the NHS dental charges unless they are exempt – you will need to provide proof of the exemption each time you receive a course of treatment.
The SurgeriesHurst Lane Dental Clinic
Hurst Lane North
Tel: 0121 749 2756
Shirley Dental Clinic
276 Stratford Road
Tel: 0121 744 7693
Land Lane Dental Clinic
Tel 0121 779 4844
Solihull Dental Access and Special Care Centre
Grove Road Clinic
51 Grove Road
Tel: 0121 704 3211
Out of Hours Tel: 0845 603 1436
The Out of Hours service is available from Monday to Friday 5:00pm – 8:00am and all day from 8:00am at weekends and bank holidays.